Chapter 4 Reading Response

This Chapter 4 reading was definitely a tedious read, but really opened my eyes to the true purpose of what installation art is supposed to do. I really connected with the idea of the "Activation and Decentring." This explanation of what installation art's purpose is for the viewer is much more clear and concise now. I liked the idea of "activating" the viewing subject into the art because its makes senes that the viewer would get a more more intense, sensory experience because they are becoming immersed in the artwork instead of just simply looking at it. The need to walk through and immerse oneself into the projection brings the idea so much more to life.

Projection artists can use this idea of activating a viewer to relay important and deep rooted messages about serious topics. This relates almost to my project 2 if I were to let people walk into my room during my projection. The idea becomes more real once you're immersed in it and the message will stick with you more than if you were walking past paintings in a museum.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Installation Directions

Process Post #2

About Me