Artist Statement

For the last 6 years, I have been in love with music festivals. My Junior year of high school is when I fell in love with the feeling I got when in attendance of a festival called Lollapalooza. I never understood the pure joy and unbelievable energy that flows through these festivals and the people that attend there. Since my junior year, I have now attended 14 music festivals across the country, ranging from camping festivals, to day festivals, to even just night shows. I have come to know that these festivals have become my happy place.

For my first installation project, I wanted to try and portray what type of events happen during these festivals and how intense the feelings are that go along with them. I believe that being immersed in the music while letting your body be open to do what it wants to do while you're around people you love who also love the same thing as you is extremely freeing. I wanted to portray these emotions and this type of feeling so people can understand why I do what I do and why I'm so in love with these places.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Installation Directions

Process Post #2

About Me