Project 2 Proposal

For project 2, I wanted to go on a little bit more of serious route with my projection mapping. Considering we are using space as one of the main aspects of this installation, I wanted to find something that reaches deep on the most simple levels. For this project, I plan to use my bedroom for my environment and focus on the idea of rape and sexual assault prevention. This is a topic that I hold very dear to my heart that I feel people like to put on the back burner because it makes them uncomfortable. I want this project to make people feel a certain way and to start a conversation about sexual assault prevention.

I want to map out my bedroom as a sort of dungeon, juxtaposing the ideas of safe space and a dangerous space. I want it to symbolize how the safest place, like your bedroom, can instantly become a nightmare due to being sexually assaulted there. I want to use videos of what represent the before, the during, and after sexual assault.

TIMELINE

WEEK OF OCT 1 - Film/Collect all video files for projection

WEEK OF OCT 8 - Upload all videos in MadMapper and start messing round with affects and placement

WEEK OF OCT 15 - Install in bedroom and record video - do multiple takes and angles
                                   Upload video in post and edit accordingly for due date on OCT 19.

MATERIALS

-bedroom
-bed
-sheets
-chains (?)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Installation Directions

Process Post #2

About Me