Final Project Proposal

For my final project, I wanted to do an overall reflection of my time in college and how much I have grown and changed as a person since moving to Tampa from Chicago. Being that I left everything I ever knew to come to a new place where I knew no one, coming to Tampa to continue my education has been a completely life changing experience that I want to try and encapsulate. I want to use old videos from high school in a juxtaposition with videos from freshman year - senior year. I want to put them in a sort of timeline to show a growth from being young and in my home town, to now being 22 and about to graduate from College.

I want to use motion graphics to show specific lessons that I've learned, key things that have changed for me personally, and an overall sense of what this experience means to me.

As for projection, I want to project mainly on the walls so people can clearly see the progression of my story, but I want to use 4 specific videos, one from each year of college that represents that year and a lesson or theme of that year, to project on an item that represents that year for me. I want it to almost be like a layered projection.

I also thought it might be fun to make a remix/playlist of songs that represent each year, as I know that people could hear a song that was popular freshman year here and immediately feel nostalgic.

I thought this would be a good idea because I would love to have some type of representation of my time in Tampa and everything that I've loved, learned, and lost. I also want to use this projection as a reflection of myself and act almost as a sense of closure for my time here as I only have one more semester left. To act almost as a closing ceremony.

Week of 11/19 - Gather all videos and objects that accurately portray what I want to show.
Week of 11/26 - Edit videos together in an accurate timeline.
Week of 11/3 - Set up edited video and upload and mess around in MadMapper. Figure out layout of the room.
Week of 11/10 - sample set up in assigned room and have a run through, tweak anything that needs to be fixed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Installation Directions

Process Post #2